Simplicity. That is what this look from Valentino AW21 embodies. Except there is a lot more going on than you would assume. That said, it is not impossible to achieve. A finely milled face powder that gives you a matt finish without deadening the skin is essential. Brows need a clear gel run through them (or you can cheat with a microblading or a brow-laminating treatment for a fuller fluffier look). A little highlighter wouldn’t go amiss in the corner of the eyes and along the nose. And then, the pièce de résistance, a winged eye. A modern party look if ever there was one.
1. Laura Mercier Light Catcher Setting Powder £33.50, lookfantastic.com
2. Too Faced Better Than Sex Eyeliner £18, boots.com
3. Eyeko Brow Gel £18, eyeko.com
4. Hermès Poudre D’orfèvre Face and Eyes Illuminating Powder £75, hermes.com
5. Trish McEvoy 24-Hour Shadow & Liner Pen £24, selfridges.com