Normally I am not a fan of silver makeup. I find it either too ashy and unflattering (too cool), or you look as if you’re heading to a space-themed fancy dress party (too tacky). There is, however, a way to wear it well. Steer clear of matte skin and lips and go glowy and glossy instead – it adds warmth. Then apply an imaginative eye: a smattering of the shimmery stuff with lashings of mascara and liner is more wearable than a solid block of silver on the lid. Keeping it modern is the key.
1. Illamasqua Infinite Masquara £20, illamasqua.com
2. Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter £28, boots.com
3. Victoria Beckham Posh Gloss £24, victoriabeckhambeauty.com
4. Rose Inc Lip Sculpt Enriched Amplifying Color £19.50, spacenk.com
5. Laura Mercier Light Catcher Setting Powder £33.50, lookfantastic.com